Frequently Asked Questions

1. Required information for a Moving Trailer reservation

1. Reservations can be made by calling us at 208-589-6672 or through our online booking system. The following information will be required:

• First and last name (Company name if applicable)
• Phone number
• Email address
• Current physical address
• Address where moving trailer will be traveling to
• Trailer number or size and type
• Pick up date and time
• Length/duration of rental
• Valid drivers license

All reservations must be signed through our payment link and paid for within 24 hours of making their reservation or it will be canceled. Reservations are not guaranteed until signed and paid in full.

2. Payment

Credit card payment: we accept Visa, MasterCard, discover, an American Express. The name on your credit card or debit card must match the name on your drivers license.

Cash payment: If you are paying with cash, we do require a $250 cash deposit on short term rentals. For longer rentals, a credit card will be required.

Long-term rentals: For rentals of 30 days or more, a deposit may be required until the trailer is returned.

Deposit: Simply moving Trailers reserves the right to charge any amount of deposit on cash or credit card payments in the event we feel there is any type of risk, suspicion, or pattern of delinquency or abuse of Trailers from previous rentals.

3. Vehicle requirements

Truck size: A 1/2 ton truck or bigger is recommended for most moving trailers (3/4 ton truck is required for dump trailer rentals). If you are unsure if your truck is capable of towing a trailer, look up the manufacturer’s specifications for your vehicles towing capacity. If you do not have an adequate truck to tow a trailer, enterprise truck rentals offers new rental pick up trucks at a very reasonable price. Enterprise trucks are equipped with the proper tow package and a 7-pin light plug connection.

Tow package: A class IV hitch is recommended, or a tow package strong enough to handle the total weight or (gross vehicle weight GVW). Tongue weight 3 is generally 10% to 15% of the trailer + cargo load. A ball that is mounted directly to the rear bumper of a vehicle is unsafe and should not be used to tow a trailer.

Ball size: all of our double axle moving trailers use a 2 5/16” ball and have electric brakes on both axles. Our smaller single axle moving trailers use a 2” ball and do not have trailer brakes. We do offer ball rentals (ball and mount) with a gross tongue with rating of 10,000 pound available for a one-time $15 fee if needed.

Light plug: 7 pin round light plug receptor, also commonly known as a 7 Pin RV Plug, is found on most of our trailer inventory. The plug will have 6 outside pins and 1 center pin, if your tow vehicle does not have this light plug receptacle you will not have trailer brakes. our smaller single axle trailers are equipped with a four flat lighting plug (no trailer brakes).

Brake controller: Every towing vehicle must have a brake controller in order to rent a tandem axle. Without a brake controller, you will not have trailer brakes which is unsafe while towing a moving trailer. Smaller single axle trailers do not require a brake controller in the tow vehicle.

4. Driver requirements

All rentals require the renter to have a valid drivers license issued by the state. We do not accept identification cards in place of drivers license. If you’re renting a trailer with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or more, you will be required to show proof of valid class a CDL license.

All renters or drivers must be at least 18 years of age.

5. Do I need insurance?

Proof of insurance is required. A damage waiver can be included with your rental.

What is a damage waiver?
You pay a 20% fee which is added to the rental. In the event of incident that causes damage to the trailer, you or your insurance are only responsible to pay the first $1,000 dollars.

Can I decline the damage waiver?
Yes, but only if you provide us with a certificate of insurance (COI) from your insurance company naming our company and our VIN as an additional insured.

Will my insurance cover a trailer rental?
The only way to know if your insurance will cover trailer rentals is by contacting your insurance company and asking them. However, a COI would still be required.

6. Travel/mileage restrictions

Trailers can be taken out of state but they must be returned to our location in Ammon Idaho. Trailers must stay within the western United States. We do NOT allow Trailers to be taken into Mexico or Canada. There are no mileage restrictions per rental but mileage fees will apply. An example of mileage fees: $25 per 500 miles, or roughly five cents per mile. Mileage fees are used for tire and bearing maintenance. Every moving trailer is equipped with two GPS systems, one of which is an Apple AirTag.

7. Cancellations

All cancellations must be done at least 72 hours prior to the start of your reservation for a 100% refund and cancellation of the rental contract.

8. Rental extensions

If you need to extend your rental period, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Full payment is required and will be charged at the time of extension of the rental period. All late payments will be subject to a 35%
late fee.